edited May 2020 in ORK Support
Hey there,

It seems ORK has a great passive system for things like simple status value bonuses, but I'm hoping to make some more complex passives. Something like Add X calculation step for all abilities with Tag [Fire]. This seems like something ORK isn't necessarily built for but I may be wrong?

Likewise a simple effect chain/tag system for processing battle steps would be good for passives that are more unorthodox than simple status value changes. Example having callbacks for On Crit, On Ability usage of [Tag], and etc.

Any guidance on that or should I simply code my own?
Post edited by BlankMauser on
  • Normal type status values can use the Combined Value option to use a formula for calculating the stat's value, so you can go as complex as you want with that.
    Beside using status values (others as well as the stat itself) in the formula calculation, you can also use selected data to get abilities from the combatant and use that (e.g. via the data count or ability variables).

Target changes in abilities/items can use a game event to do additional things (per target), so you can use that to do something on critical changes. They share the local variables and selected data with the battle event that animates the ability/item, in case you need to do something differently after the Calculate node based on them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!