edited June 2020 in ORK Support
Hi!

I started the tutorials on PC/Unity 2019.3.15f1 and the latest ORK Framework version (downloaded yesterday).

The testing has been quite difficult since the rotation of BrownPants is in 90-degree steps. The result is that the player is quite uncontrollable since you can't just go straight to the destination. This became more important in tutorial 4: Interacting with the world, where you have to navigate the player to meet NPC_green and 5: Connecting the world, where you have to go to the end of the terrain to switch scenes. In both cases, you need to zig-zag your way to the target destination since, with the slight click on the left/right arrows, the screen spins around.

I experimented on my own before posting using ORK framework but was unsuccessful. I also edited my original post after getting some more insight by going through tutorial 34: Game Controls.

Another point I noticed after tutorial 5 is that the camera vertical angle is very low and you can't see ahead. The camera looks at the ground in front of the player

Although both these points might seem trivial they make testing very inconvenient and unpleasant. At this point, I want to concentrate on doing the First Steps tutorials, rather than trying to figure out how to fix the player's rotation issue and camera angle.

I'd really appreciate your help.
Post edited by pako on
  • I solved this by changing the Camera Control Type to Mouse from the default Follow (tutorial 34: Game Controls).

Still can't figure out how to adjust the camera angle so that it doesn't point to the ground.
  • The built-in player/camera controls are mostly there to get you started. The initial controls work probably best when turning while moving forward. The Follow and Mouse controls both have a Height setting, but it's also crucial to increase the Distance when increasing the height, as you otherwise just look down on the player from a greater height :)

Frrom the built-in controls, I'd recommend using the Top Down Border camera the most, as it's pretty well-build and feature-rich camera control.

Otherwise, you can use any custom player/camera control you'd like, see this how-to for details.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I finally got down to trying out some more camera settings per your suggestions. The "Mouse" type with height 20, distance 15 works fine to allow for easier testing.

Thank you!