I wanted to try exploring some of my levels in first person, for a different perspective, but I discovered that my character was nervously twitching around like Nicolas Cage on bath salts at a bee keepers convention when I tried to move him. My primary suspicion is that a combination of Mecanim and uneven terrain is causing these issues, since it does appear to smooth out over even slopes and plains. It's the same with gravity on or off. I'm using button movement (WASD) in first person with mouse axis enabled for vertical and horizontal panning.
  • At least when using ORK's built-in first person camera, this mainly depends on the child object you use to position the camera.

E.g. if you position it via the skeleton's head, it'll be moved by every animation as well, so adding/using a child object under the root that's not affected by the animation for placing the camera would reduce that issue.
    You'd still be affected by terrain due to the player moving, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I actually like the effect of it being attached to the head-movement seems more immersive that way than with a static position-but I think my issue was due to an active Navmesh Agent attached to character that I needed to turn off. It may continue to be a problem, however, if it causes the animations to stutter.