edited July 2020 in ORK Support
So I'm trying to set up a main menu that switches between menu screens using the LB and RB buttons on a controller.

Something like this:

my assumption would be to add a button list on an overview menu screen with a gui box that uses custom controls so my vertical or horizontal axis would be controlled by LB and RB, but then how would I make it so this button list can be controlled regardless of whichever screen/gui box is active?

A big thanks in advance, I've been running in circles trying to figure this out.
Post edited by braytendo on
  • Hm, I don't think this is currently possible ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • aww, that's too bad. It's a pretty common menu setup, too. A lot of Zelda games do it, Danganronpa, Paper Mario, Outer Worlds, Monster Hunter, Fallout, Dark Souls, and I'm sure there's a ton I can't think of as well.
  • I do finally have stacks of money to throw at you if this is something you’d be open to implementing In the framework. If so, I’ll email you to discuss it. :)
  • @gamingislove i wanted to archive something like that, as it's a pretty standard way of managing menu interfaces in modern gaming.

Would it be possibile to make it possible by ditching the need of having only one menu element focused at time, and making them all work together?
  • @braytendo
    Sure, email me, money's always welcome :)

@Vlastan
    Many menu screen parts (e.g. inventory) consist of multiple GUI boxes - while one has the focus, it's still possible to use functionality of others via inputs, e.g. changing item types while having the item list focused. So, one element being focused isn't really the issue, just that there's no functionality/menu part for a menu screen selection like that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!