edited June 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

----------------------------------------------------------

So, what's going on after the last big release?
  • Quests
    A quest can learn log texts to the player when it's added to the quest list, or the quest is finished or failed.
  • Quest Tasks
    Tasks can also learn log texts to the player when they're activated, finished or failed.
  • Event System: Crafting Steps
    The Learn/Forget Recipe steps can now optionally learn/forget all recipes of a selected crafting type.
  • Formulas: Check Steps
    The Check Chance step is now also available in formulas.
  • Event System, Battle AI, Formulas: Check Steps
    The new Chance Fork step checks a random number (usually the chance is from 0 to 100, can be changed in the game settings) with multiple defined value ranges - the first range that contains the chance will execute it's next step.
    So, basically a Check Chance step with multiple next steps, e.g. 0-10 plays an animation, 10-50 plays a sound, etc.
  • Battle AI: Check Steps
    The battle AI finally got a Check Game Variable and Game Variable Fork step - does the same as the ones in the event system :)
  • Status Values: Barriers
    Consumable type status values can now use other consumable values as barriers.
    A barrier value will consume damage done to the actual status value, as long as they haven't reached their minimum. You can define how much of the damage will be consumed (0-100 %) and if damage exceeding the barrier will be done to the actual status value.
  • Status Values: Death
    The Kill on Minimum setting is replaced by the new Death On setting. Consumable type status values can now kill a combatant upon reaching their minimum or maximum value.
  • Float Values
    The advanced float value settings around the framework (e.g. changing variables) can now use the Time of Day (local time since midnight in seconds) and Date and Time (local date and time since 1-1-1970).
    So, basically you can use the real daytime in your game, and check for things like how many (real) days passed since an event ...
  • Game Controls: Collision Camera
    The new, universal, collision camera settings can be used with all built-in and custom controls, and is even active during blocked camera controls and events (i.e. also while event camera changes).
    Uses raycasts to check for objects between player and camera and places the camera accordingly.
    You can either automatically add one using the game settings, or add one manually with different settings.
  • Event System: Camera Steps
    The new Collision Camera step simply allows you to enable/disable the collision camera.
    Requries the Collision Camera component attached to the camera.
  • Event System: Spawn Steps
    The new Destroy Object step destroys whatever object you selected (actor, waypoint, etc.) - also supports destroying after time.
    Just watch out if you destroy the event's object before the event ends, that can bring the event to a halt :)
  • Game Events: Actors
    The new Starting Object actor type uses the game object that started the event.
    In most cases, that will be the player - but if you're using the Start by Other option in event interactions, that could be anyone.
    Also, you can now optionally use the root of an object as actor - in combination with using a child object, the child will be searched from the root. This is useful when an event is started by a child object of the actual object (e.g. when triggering a Start by Other event with the interaction controller).
  • Editor
    The drag bar positions are now saved each time you close the editor. Previously that was only done when saving the data.
    Also, the remembered sections will be reset the first time you open the editor after this update (due to changes in how this data is saved).
---------------------------------------

Awesome new Equipment Part features:
  • Items
    Items can add additional equipment parts and block equipment parts (i.e. pretty much remove them).
  • Event System: Equipment Steps
    New steps to add/remove equipment parts and blocked equipment parts.
  • Weapons, Armors
    Weapons and armors can add additional equipment parts or blocked parts while being equipped.
  • Abilities
    Passive abilities can add additional equipment parts or blocked parts as long as the ability is known to a combatant.
  • Status Effects
    Status effects can also add additional equipment parts or blocked parts as long as they are applied to a combatant
  • Classes, Combatants
    The weapon/armor lists are now split into available and unavailable equipments. Available/unavailable is due to the equipment part selections.
    So, you can now also allow combatants to wear equipment they normally wouldn't be able to due to missing equipment parts - which can now be changed by events, items, other eqiupment, abilities and status effects :)
Further explanation of this new features:
Adding additional equipment parts is what it sounds like - you can give a combatant extra equipment parts and thus overcome the predefined limitations of class/combatant settings. Additional equipment parts can either be added permanently (through items and the event system - also allows removing them again) or temporarily (passive abilities, equipment status effects).
Adding a blocked equipment part will block this equipment part completely. Unlike the locked equipment part feature (which simply locks the part down and prevents changes), this will pretty much remove the equipment part and unequip whatever currently is equipped on it. Like additional equipment parts, this can either be done permanently or temporarily.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome, you've already got a Chance Fork step on its way. :D I'll be able to unbury myself out of my own AI streams!
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Woot great!

It would be possible to use a calculated value like Hit Chance in Event System, Battle AI, Formulas: Check Steps? I'm trying to fake a multiple attack formula and it would be useful. :)
    (BTW any chance to force the system, with Battle AI, to let the npc perform 2+ actions in a turn? Like attack twice or, in particular conditions, make attack + specific spell?)

Thanks ! ^_^
  • The Chance Fork will be very helpful! Thanks for that!
  • Awesome new Equipment Part features:
    • Items
      Items can add additional equipment parts and block equipment parts (i.e. pretty much remove them).
    • Event System: Equipment Steps
      New steps to add/remove equipment parts and blocked equipment parts.
    • Weapons, Armors
      Weapons and armors can add additional equipment parts or blocked parts while being equipped.
    • Abilities
      Passive abilities can add additional equipment parts or blocked parts as long as the ability is known to a combatant.
    • Status Effects
      Status effects can also add additional equipment parts or blocked parts as long as they are applied to a combatant
    • Classes, Combatants
      The weapon/armor lists are now split into available and unavailable equipments. Available/unavailable is due to the equipment part selections.
      So, you can now also allow combatants to wear equipment they normally wouldn't be able to due to missing equipment parts - which can now be changed by events, items, other eqiupment, abilities and status effects :)
    Further explanation of this new features:
    Adding additional equipment parts is what it sounds like - you can give a combatant extra equipment parts and thus overcome the predefined limitations of class/combatant settings. Additional equipment parts can either be added permanently (through items and the event system - also allows removing them again) or temporarily (passive abilities, equipment status effects).
    Adding a blocked equipment part will block this equipment part completely. Unlike the locked equipment part feature (which simply locks the part down and prevents changes), this will pretty much remove the equipment part and unequip whatever currently is equipped on it. Like additional equipment parts, this can either be done permanently or temporarily.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ooh, that's pretty rad, especially the status effect and passive ability.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Hey GiL,
    How about telling me how to do movement ONLY on the x,y like in a chessboard situation?
    Our rpg needs this , or is this something you can put in the engine? I don't want to allow free movement in one area. I want to have it exactly like a chess piece would move. Ie: Square to Square only. Right/Left and Up/Down only. Right now i don't even want diagonals. The premise is the players have become pieces in a chessboard type situation.
    RF
  • I would look into scripting a custom controller for something that specific.
  • @RifleFire
    Yeah, that sounds more like a custom control - but you can kinda implement such controls using the event system and global events (e.g. up key moves the player up by 1 world unit), but a custom control script is better for that.
  • New things coming to status values:
    • Status Values: Barriers
      Consumable type status values can now use other consumable values as barriers.
      A barrier value will consume damage done to the actual status value, as long as they haven't reached their minimum. You can define how much of the damage will be consumed (0-100 %) and if damage exceeding the barrier will be done to the actual status value.
    • Status Values: Death
      The Kill on Minimum setting is replaced by the new Death On setting. Consumable type status values can now kill a combatant upon reaching their minimum or maximum value.
  • edited June 2014
    Ooh, I think I'll actually wind up using both of those. I always had the barrier in mind and have just tried some workaround trickery to approximate it until now, but the concept of a death on maximum status value gives me an especially neat new idea...
    Post edited by JellyPaladin on
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited June 2014
    I cant wait for the equipment part updates. Does this mean you will be able to equip regular items to equipment viewers (like equipping a throwable potion and having it show in hand)?
    Post edited by Ghostboxer on
  • Fantastic, thanks for making Barrier mechanics available this update!
    Can't wait.
  • @Ghostboxer
    Nope, that's something completely different :)
    You can only add new equipment parts or block parts by using items.
  • Nice addition to float values around the framework:
    • Float Values
      The advanced float value settings around the framework (e.g. changing variables) can now use the Time of Day (local time since midnight in seconds) and Date and Time (local date and time since 1-1-1970).
      So, basically you can use the real daytime in your game, and check for things like how many (real) days passed since an event ...
  • Oh, I really like that one. Awesome!