edited August 2020 in ORK Support
I'd like to use a battle event to change camera position on player turn start, but the event slot in the default events of the combatant settings window only accepts standard orks events.
I'd like to know if theres a reason for this, or since that part is related to combat, could be changed to accept combat events instead.
Post edited by Vlastan on
  • Battle events are special events for animating battle actions like abilities and items, providing predefined actors (user, target. etc.).

Just create a regular game event, you can also change the camera position in there - the combatant is available as the Starting Object type actor (if you set it up in the event's settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thanks, i managed to setup the camera on player turn start with an event just as well. Now i only need to find a way to trigger an event on target selection (to change camera position again). Is this possible?
  • Why aren't you using the battle camera settings? Check out Battle System > Battle Camera for that. It offers automatic switching e.g. to the currently selected target using various methods.

Next update will also add the option to use a game event upon camera target change to the battle camera.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Why aren't you using the battle camera settings? Check out Battle System > Battle Camera for that. It offers automatic switching e.g. to the currently selected target using various methods.
    Didn't know about this feature, but i can't seem to get a smooth transition when changing targets. Also i can't get back to the previous camera position if i cancel the target selection and get back to the main combat menu.