Hello, trying to set up a couple status values that work a little differently than described during the tutorial. I'm trying to set up shared resources between my three party characters.

MP: Consumable resource (mana) for abilities. Each member has their own HP, ATK, DEF but they all draw from the same mana total.

Enchantment Points: Resource that limits amount of "Enchantments" that are equippable.

For example, the party has 10 Equipment Points and access to a selection of "Enchantments" costing anywhere from 2-5 enchantment points to equip. You could spread out enchantments across three party members or pile them onto one, but they all draw from the same resource total.

How would I go about setting up these status values to draw from one pool?

• I dont know if this is the best method.

Create a Battle Event. in the event, create a "change status value" node, select Object as "Actor", and Actor as "All Allies", then change the MP amount.

This will change the MP for everyone. Call this event whenever you use an ability. Now everyones MP changes if even one ally casts a spell.

Hide individual MP bars.

Another option could be to create a Game Variable and to check its value whenever you cast a spell.
  • Another alternative would be to synchronize the status values of all members by using Change Game Events on the status value. The event is used whenever the status value changes - you can limit when that happens, e.g. excluding changes from events (so that it doesn't eternally run the event due to the changes from the event itself).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • What would I do in the event? Add Change status value node in a “game” type event? How do I set that equal to current user value
  • You have all the information available in the game event - the combatant who's value changed is the Starting Object (actor type, so add this actor), the status value informations as local float variables (change for the change value, oldValue for the value before the change and newValue for the value after the change).

You can use selected data to get all the combatants from the group and set their status values:
    - use a Select Combatant node with Use All Combatants enabled and Battle or Group combatant scope (depending on synchronizing only the battle group or the whole group)
    - use a Change Status Value to set the status value to the newValue local float variable on the combatants you previously stored into selected data
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry to revive this one, been working on this a bit and not sure exactly what nodes to use for all this.

Event Settings (Add actor) Change Game Variables(set variables) > Change Status Values > ?
  • You set up a game event that your status value will use as a Change Game Event - make sure to set From Event to No to prevent it from crashing your game (or the event would change the stat again, causing the event again, etc.).

In the event, add a Starting Object type actor, the rest is as described above:
    gamingislove said: You can use selected data to get all the combatants from the group and set their status values:
    - use a Select Combatant node with Use All Combatants enabled and Battle or Group combatant scope (depending on synchronizing only the battle group or the whole group)
    - use a Change Status Value to set the status value to the newValue local float variable on the combatants you previously stored into selected data