Hi! I'm using Ork built in camera to pan and rotate and i noticed that mouse input is blocked by hud elements despite i have unchecked UI blocks panning (also mouse rotation doesn't have a similar UI blocks checbox like in cursor pan).
The only way to overcome this problem right now if to disable cursor functions in the GUI box that are used by the hud, but this way i can't use the click to interact function.
  • The panning has a blocking option for UI because you pan (if using that mode) by moving the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen, where you might also want to be able to interact with some UI.

For clicks, you can only disable the cursor over in the used GUI box to prevent that - your UI can only either be interactable or let clicks pass through.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2020
    @gamingislove Btw there is something strange happening when the cursor enter a gui box area and the rotate key is being hold. If you release the click while beign over the box, the key will get stuck in hold mode and have the camera spin around when moving the mouse away.

To avoid this, i had to disable cursor over in all my GUI boxes. Good things i can still interact with them with mouse pointer.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited September 2020
    Hm, I'll check it out, sounds like a bug.

Edit: Tested it and not happening here - can you give me details on your setup?
    I assume you're just using mouse click+hold and movement for the rotation. What kind of UI is using the GUI box, e.g. is it a HUD (which type) or a menu/dialogue?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using two huds: one as an object type to display the combatant/scene object's icon as the box content placed at it's position, and another as an interaction type, to display an icon near the object that could be interacted with.

For the rotation i use click+hold as you said.
  • Ah, yeah - now it's also happening here, the rotation mouse/touch controls using Hold causes this.
    Change it to Move to fix it for now, I'll fix it for Hold in the next update.