• Yeah, actors are usually 'found' at the start of the event (only exception is the player actor), as otherwise it'd have an impact on performance if every access to an actor would need to get them again.

The Re-Find Objects node is there for these cases :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2020
    [disregard]
    Post edited by PBoTG on
  • How can I start an interaction from an NPC running into the player while the characters control is blocked? I added a big box collider to the NPC so they have sufficient space to catch the player in the trigger.
  • edited December 2020
    There's the In Blocked Control option for that in event interactions, should be directly below the Start Type.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi - I notice there's an issue with conditional prefabs and members giving way(stepping away from you if you get too close).

Example: Member 0 is party leader.
    Members 1, 2 and 3 give way when 0 steps towards them. Follows normally.

Member 0 changes prefab.
    Members 1, 2 and 3 no longer give way to Member 0 even when changing scenes.
  • edited January 2021
    Sounds like you didn't set the Box Radius for the conditional prefabs (in case you're using radius in your range/distance checks).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Question about quests!

Is it possible to separate them with menu screens by their status? (Active/inactive) as shown in this picture?

• Sure - the quest menu part's Quest Box Settings have options for which states to add (e.g. Add Active, Add Inactive, etc.).

For such a setup, set up multiple menu screens, one for each state you want to separately display, and use a Menu List menu part for switching between them. A possible setup could be:
    - Screen A: Menu List part, this is the screen you call and has the other screens added as menu items
    - Screen B: Quest part with Add Active enabled
    - Screen C: Quest part with Add Finished enabled
    - Screen D: Quest part with Add Failed enabled
  • Thanks! My next question is, is it possible when I open the menu that the first choice auto calls that menu so it opens up to active/still seeing the button list?

Right now it just shows active and cancelled when opened - then I have to use inputs and the boxes for active or cancelled will show.
  • Either disable Is Menu or, when having it enabled, enable Open Selected in the Menu List part's settings.
  • So I tried both ways - yesterday I had it with open selected enabled. Still nothing unless I move the cursor and then it loads.
  • Just tested it to make sure - working fine here. By any chance, is your first choice a back button?
  • edited February 2021
    It's not :)

Here is my settings!

The menu that calls active/finished quest

How the active/finished menu screens look:

Unrelated, but since updating ORK to the latest, I notice my characters randomly play their jump/or fall animation at the end of interactions or switching scenes now. I disabled both of those yet it's still happening.
    Post edited by PBoTG on
  • Hm, looks correct - the only other thing I could think of would be an inactive color with 0 alpha, basically hiding the GUI box when not being focused.

From which version did you update? There've been updates to the Find Ground settings in 2.29 or 2.30.
  • edited February 2021
    Fixed jumping issue with switching to raycast - where can I adjust those inactive color settings? I tried editing it in the guibox own inactive colors, but still nothing.

edit: I updated the default inactive colors and still nothing unless I move/press a button first!

Post edited by PBoTG on