Hey there. so i cant for the life of me figure out how to change the player class in game. i see how to select a combatant and choose the class in an event. but i cant find how to add an event to a menu. nor can i find how to let the player select the character and class for the change in game. any help or direction would be very much appreciated.
  • There's no separate menu for changing the class, i.e. it's all done via events, abilities or items (they have settings to change the target's class).

I guess the best integrated solution would be using abilities for changing classes, which would allow you to animate the change and use an Ability menu part for class changes, e.g. limiting it to the ability type of class change abilities.

Otherwise, you can use a Button List menu part to call a global event (using a game event) for this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK awesome yes i set up menu's for it and it works great. my only other issue then is how would i make an event to learn an ability? when i add the learn ability node it doesn't let me select a combatant.
  • Well, yeah, because you need to select an instance of the combatant, e.g. via an actor of the event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!