The Exposive RPG Mecanim Character Animation Pack animator has been giving me hell since loading in the 5.9 update. I can't remember the version I was using previously, but it took a lot of work setting up parameters and triggering animations through the ORK event system, and I'm hoping it hasn't all been broken completely. Is anyone familiar with this system and what I might need to change or add in order to get it back up and running?

I'm getting a lot of red-flag errors in the console stating:

"Invalid time range for Transition exit time condition"

And yellow-flag errors stating something along the lines of:

"Animator.GotoState: State could not be found
UnityEngine.Animator:CrossFade(String, Single, Int32)
ORKFramework.Animations.MecanimAnimation:Play(Animator, Boolean)
ORKFramework.Animations.AnimationSetting:MecanimPlay(AnimInfo&, Animator, Int32, Boolean)
ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantAnimations:Play(Int32)
ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantAnimations:Tick()
ORKFramework.Combatant:Tick(Single, Single)
ORKFramework.CombatantHandler:Tick()
ORKFramework.ORKCore:FireTick()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler:Update()"
  • edited November 2020
    The warning sounds like a missmatch between the animator and ORK. Maybe check if the state names still match between the animator and ORK's animation setup.
    For the error, also check the animator's transitions if their exit time (if used) is set correctly.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've noticed that while a test game is running, the box on the Animator component for 'Apply Root Motion' (default unchecked) switches to simply say, "Handled by Script," and that two scripts automatically appear on my game objects.

-The first script is, "RPGCharacterAnimatorEvents.cs", which reads as follows:

using System.Collections;
    using UnityEngine;

namespace RPGCharacterAnims
    {
    //Placeholder functions for Animation events.
    public class RPGCharacterAnimatorEvents:MonoBehaviour
    {
    [HideInInspector] public RPGCharacterController rpgCharacterController;

public void Hit()
    {
    }

public void Shoot()
    {
    }

public void FootR()
    {
    }

public void FootL()
    {
    }

public void Land()
    {
    }

public void WeaponSwitch()
    {
    if(rpgCharacterController.rpgCharacterWeaponController != null)
    {
    rpgCharacterController.rpgCharacterWeaponController.WeaponSwitch();
    }
    }
    }
    }

-And the second script I find attached is, "AnimatorParentMove.cs", which reads as follows:

using UnityEngine;

namespace RPGCharacterAnims
    {
    public class AnimatorParentMove:MonoBehaviour
    {
    [HideInInspector] public Animator anim;
    [HideInInspector] public RPGCharacterMovementController rpgCharacterMovementController;

void OnAnimatorMove()
    {
    if(!rpgCharacterMovementController.canMove)
    {
    transform.parent.rotation = anim.rootRotation;
    transform.parent.position += anim.deltaPosition;
    }
    }
    }
    }

I'm not using any of the otherwise included components such as the 'RPGCharacterController', or, 'RPGCharacterInputController'. Even manually manipulating the parameters inside the animator itself fails to show any reaction, so I'm wondering if the actual animator itself could incorporate a set of embedded scripts.
  • edited November 2020
    The AnimatorParentMove implements the OnAnimatorMove function, so that's probably why root motion is handled by script.

I don't know or own that asset, so I can't really help with any details. If you didn't add those components, I assume they're added automatically by some other component from the asset.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!