edited November 2020 in ORK Support
ORK v2.17

Here's a weird one:

When using a heal ability outside of combat from a shortcut slot, the choice of people to heal is the player and NPCs spawned in the game. Members of the party are not in the list (they are not spawned outside of combat).

Using the ability from the "spellbook" works just fine outside of combat - all members are available as selections and none of the peasants are available.
Inside combat is also fine.

The only choices should be members of the party.

And, the peasants spawn under their own faction that is neutral to the player's faction.

Any ideas?

Want to add that Items react the same way. A healing potion works fine from the inventory menu. However, placing it on the shortcut slot - only allows me to select the spawned member of the party (and the peasants).

EDIT: Got rid of the peasants from the selection by setting their faction to non-ally and turning off their battle auto-start
Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • Yeah - using stuff from shortcut slots (e.g. via HUDs or control maps) will bring up the regular battle menu targeting, i.e. it only has physically spawned combatants available. If an ability or item uses the Ally target type, that'll include all combatants that are in allied factions (i.e. not hostile with negative sympathy).

Using menu screens has only the menu user's group members available (depending on the setup either only the battle group or all members).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is that functionality within ORK Core or within the source we have access?
  • That's all within the gameplay source code - the core doesn't contain any settings or systems, just data serialization :)

I'll add an option to limit Ally target range to group members of the user, but that'll probably not help you if you stay on 2.17.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Where do I need to look to make changes for that?

YES - I need to get updated on ORK. Planning on doing so once I get to a certain point in development :)
  • The TargetSettings class is responsible for the whole target type/range stuff, so that's a good place to implement e.g. limiting allies to only group members. The CanTarget function is the main determining function here.

For getting the unspawned group members when using shortcuts, that's a bit more complex, but ultimately also comes down to the TargetSettings class and the use range functions (e.g. the GetInUseRange).