edited March 2014 in ORK Support
Is it possible to do something like climbing a rope in Ork? Or just climbing in general. I have tried creating a rope and creating an event setting (Event Setting --Mount Object) so that when the player jump and click on the rope, he'll stick to it. I fail big time.
An rpg must have climbing too or it'll be boring. XD
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Do you want to still have control of the player or a simple 'interact > player moves up the rope by himself' type of event?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2013
    I still want to have control over the player. My rope is quiite long, and it'll be weird if the player have to wait forever for the character to reach the top. But let me guess, it all relates back to the controller, right? XD

Edit: For GIL, or anyone, have you ever try using the 2D Platform controller Kit created by JohnnyA along with Ork? That kit is awesome, but it cost $40, and I'm a bit unsure if it'll work or not.
    GiL, do you know if it'll be a hassle trying to get both to work with each other, or is it just something along the line of simply letting ORK know the name of the component in the game controls? Or are they just so fundamentally different that it'll take too much scripting for it to work side by side?

• edited November 2013
    I use JohnnyA's controller (albeit highly modified and with several extra functions), It works well. Although really, you can plug most things into ork without too much of a problem; and even more so when we have code access. But yeah, just make sure ORK knows that the controller is present.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Yeah, that's more of a control thing - something like this may be coming at some point, but player controls aren't a priority, since you can use any kind of control out there :)

I don't know how good it will pug in, but as long as it has a component at the player that handles the input/control, ORK can enable/disable it when needed :)
    Else you'd have to write a small script and add it to your player to do some extra stuff in OnEnable/OnDisable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks GiL. If it's something that involve the default player controller, you can ignore it for now. I don't want you wasting your time on such trifle stuff.

And Kirby, since you've experience it firsthand, how hard would it be to implement the 2d platform controller into Ork? Would you mind wasting a bit of your time to help me whenever I'm stuck on it?