Hi,
i have different combatants with an ability set as autoattack. This ability uses a battle event to play an animation and activate a damage dealer.

The problem is that the animation sometimes is not actually played, while the damage is correctly applied to the enemy.

In the game, the player uses 4 characters, and the animations seems to work only on the character directly controlled by the player ( while the other are AI-Controlled).

This happens also with the enemies, they run towards the player and just stands still, while they deal damage to the player.

I also added a debug in the battle event and it's shown in the log... but the animation still won't play.

Is this a known bug or common mistake? if needed i'll post some screenshot!
  • Might be an issue with your animation setup - are you using legacy or Mecanim animations?

When using Mecanim, it can often be due to current animations or transitions overruling what ORK wants the controller to do. Often it helps adding a short Wait node (e.g. 0.1 second) before playing an animation, e.g. when moving to the target and playing the animation immediately, Mecanim often still uses the movement animation and ignores the attack animation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you very much! I'll try adding some Wait nodes here and there then. I'll update this thread if something goes wrong.
  • edited December 2020
    It can also help to disable using ORK's auto animations and instead forwarding the movement speed of the combatant to your animator controller via the Auto Move Speed Parameters settings in the animation's mecanim settings in Base/Control > Animations.

With this setup, the animator controller can play animations based on a float parameter for horizontal (movement) and vertical (up/down) speed. It'll give you more control over how the movement animations will interfere with others, as the complete animation control will be on the animator controller.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!