There are multiple character files in my game, and new characters are supported. In this case, how can I use ork to save and load data?
I mean every time I start the game, I can choose different characters to play like diablo III. What should I do to achieve such a function?
  • You can manage what's saved in ORK's save game in the Save Settings in Menus > Save Game Menu.

E.g. disable Groups not not save the player group (combatants, inventory, etc.).

Alternatively, you can use a global event that's started after loading a game to clean up or change things (e.g. removing combatants from the player group). Global events are set up in World > Global Events and use regular game events. The following global event setup will start it after loading a game (after scene transition):
    - event type: Scene
    - in old scene: disable
    - before fade: disable
    - scene change type: Load Game
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you very much for your answer.
    In fact, I want each character in the game to have a separate save progress. eg: Player A has completed Chapter I, and Player B has completed Chapter III. When I switch characters, the progress data loaded is separate.
    Useing the method you mentioned ,can ork do this: when player A is selected, A’s savedata will be loaded; when player B is selected, B’s savedata will be loaded?
  • edited December 2020
    Eg: different players have different slot to save data, private
    Post edited by Kuidream on
  • Different players can have different save files.

ORK's save game system has 2 ways to save (both can be used together or on their own). The player can select a save file to write to each time when saving, or you can have the player select an auto save slot when starting a new game and continue saving into that slot.

Auto save slot doesn't mean that it'll save automatically - the player can still choose when to save, e.g. via a save point, but you can also save the game via the event system.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!