Version 2.30.2
Unity Version 2019.4.17f1
OS Windows 10

I select "New UI" in the GUI System Type and then assign the prefabs I want. But when I press play it automatically changes back to Legacy as the GUI System Type and I see legacy UI in game.
  • edited December 2020
    That sounds strange - did you save the changes you made in the ORK editor before hitting play?
    Do you get any errors in the Unity console?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think i know why this is happening, but thats also a bug.

When i exit play mode the ORK project changes back to the default, so my changes were not being saved in the correct project.

Steps to recreate:
    1. Import ORK
    2. In Editor Tab, in About Section, change loaded project asset.
    3. Enter play mode
    4. Exit play mode
    5. See that the newly loaded project is changed back to the default project asset file.

I even tried saving changes after changing project, but it says no changes made.
  • I'll check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looked into it, and that's the expected behaviour - entering play mode will initialize ORK with the project that's used by the game starter, i.e. the editor will also have that project open.

If your game starter also uses the other project, the same project would stay open, but keep in mind that you'll still lose all unsaved data due to ORK reloading the data from the project file when playing.
  • Got it. Thanks.