edited January 2021 in ORK Support
Hello,

1) I'm going through the tutorial and I am having a problem with both the player inventory and the shop inventory.
After making a selection in the Type Box Menu (choosing Inventory, Equipment, Abilities, etc. OR Armors, Potions, etc. in the shop) the Type Box disappears and the Item Box appears. If I use the mouse and click the area where the Type Box Menu should be it reappears.
Menu Screens>Inventory>Type Box Setting> Box Display> Multi.

How can I keep the Type Box Menu from disappearing?
Post edited by D4rklight on
  • That's strange - are you using different GUI boxes for the type and item/list box?

If you're using the same, they'll naturally also display at the same position, putting one over the other when it's focused.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2020
    Type Box is Menu Small, positioned on the top left.
    Item Box is Menu Big, positioned on the top right.

I also made a crafting menu:
    The type box (alchemy & forging) is replaced with the Recipe box (either for potion or fire sword) which are both in the top left.

But when I click on the recipe, the Recipe Box disappears and the Create Box appears on the right.
    Everything functions fine, I just can't see the Recipe Box. And when I click on the invisible recipe box with the mouse it reappears and the Create Box disappears.
  • edited January 2021
    Another problem for Grid battles: Making a Battle Range Template with a Mask.
    After I select Magic>Fire it displays the mask range on the the grid, but it does not give me the option to choose a target. If I disable Local Space I am able to choose the target but then the range mask will face the same direction regardless of which direction I am facing.
    The other range templates are working ok.
  • This sounds like your Inactive Colors are set to 0 alpha (i.e. completely transparent). Check the default settings in Menus > Menu Settings > Default GUI Box Settings. Each GUI box can also overrule this with a custom setup.

As for the mask - you can only select targets if there's a valid target within the use range (i.e. in this case, on a cell that's available due to the mask).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, the default GUI box alpha settings worked.
    Thank you.

However I added the Back button (by selecting First) in the Type Box and Item Box Settings for the Inventory, equipment, and ability menus. While in the Inventory Type menu, the Back button is already highlighted in the Item Box menu. And when I am in the Item Box menu and go back to the Type Box menu, the Item Back button is still highlighted. Is there a way to prevent the Back button from being highlighted while not in that menu?
  • edited January 2021
    No, GUI boxes always have a choice highlighted/selected (if choices/buttons are shown), regardless of them being focused or not.
    Post edited by gamingislove on