edited June 2014 in ORK Support
Hello. :)

I managed to understand how to spawn combatants in scene and then teleport the battle in arena. But now, i have some problems with Spawn Area! I don't know if i changed a settings without thinking, but now if i use Spawn Combatant Area the monster always spawn on player position, starting the battle immediately, even if the setting of the event are Autostart, so it should spawn at scene loading instead... Any advice?^^

A related question: how to add a custom control in move AI? I simply tried to insert the name of a simple random movement script but it just give a lot of errors and it is not working. :D

Thanks!
  • That's strange ... the combatants should spawn within the bounds of its trigger - is there anything else attached to the combatant spawner object?

You can't use another random movement script alongside the move AI - you can only use custom movement scripts (i.e. that will handle moving to a target position of the move AI) by selecting the Custom component type in the move AI. If you want to use your own random movement, I'd suggest not using the move AI on those combatants :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Uhm no, my npc prefabs are made by Transform - Spirit renderer - Box collider (non trigger) only... The problem is that they were spawning immediately at scene start 2 days ago... Even if they were been placed at bottom of spawn area (dunno why, there is no gravity in my game...)

Oh okey. :)
    How do you suggest to disable the movement script when entering battle? If i simply attack a script to enemies they keep moving in arena. :D
  • No, I mean the combatants should spawn within the bounds of the spawner's trigger - an area spawner uses a trigger to define the area where the combatants spawn.

You can disable the script in the battle start event, use the Enable Component step (Function Steps).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh... No. :(
    My Area are set to Autostart, but actually only as soon as i enter the area trigger the npc spawn, and of course it spawns on the player and battle start. :)

I will try to set custom movements in that way, thanks!
  • Autostart is fine, but combatant spawners used in area mode require a collider with Is Trigger enabled, else they will only spawn at the position of the object. The trigger defines the area in which the spawner can spawn combatants.