I'm using the demo version and going through the tutorial. I would like to make a 2D top-down overworld game with 3D battles and dungeons (similar to original Phantasy Star, etc.).

I've been able to get it to somewhat work, but am using my own player controller and camera controller on the top down overworld scene(s).

Is it possible to (through script or otherwise) pick and choose when to use custom controller/cameras versus built-in?

I hope that makes sense.
Thank you,
Jeremy
  • For camera controls, you can add the No Camera Control component to the camera to prevent ORK from adding one automatically.

As for player controls, there's currently no component for that (I'll look into adding one), but you can use the event system to switch it out (Change Player Control node switching to None) or just block player controls in that scene and add your custom control (e.g. via events).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!