Dear community, I started using the new GUI and I have a problem, that everything (e.g. a text) that is in the content box of a GUI Box renders behind (gets covered) by custom GUI Skin. I realized, it's because of the order in hierarchy. I need the content box to be after the image of my prefab in the hierarchy if I want it rendered on top of my image.

Any idea how to reasonably achieve this?
  • Can you post more information about the hierarchy of your content box prefab?
    If the content should be placed on a child object of it (e.g. for the correct hierarchy order), use the Content Box Child setting to define the path to it (e.g. if the content should be placed on a child object named content, that's what you need to put there).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry for a late reply.

Here is the hierarchy:

Here is the result (the text is below the content box GUI skin):

Here is the setup of the GUIBox:

And the GUIBox GUI Skin:

Any idea how to bring the text forward, in front of the skin?
  • Ahhh I can now see the Content Box Child option in the GUI Skin. My bad :( Thanks!