edited February 2021 in ORK Support
I'd like to show to player a dialogue such as this, once he defeats a monster and before he moves to another room (dungeon-like game).

Is there a way to make a GUIBox fancy like this one?

Or should I rather create a prefab from this level up screen and spawn it from battle end event?
In this case, is there a trigger/listener/event node for when the player defeats an enemy combatant? (Asking for cases when enemy combatant wouldn't be the same as ending the entire battle) Based on this trigger I could run an event, to spawn the prefab.
Post edited by zatokar on
  • I don't see why not. It's a guibox with a background image and an offset value attached to it. You have the big one behind them using layers.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Thank you for your answer. Can I use these GUIBoxes to add different icons based on reward etc.? I tried using GUIBoxes but never succeeded in building something more complex than a simple popup. Do you possibly have a link to a tutorial/video showing how to use ORK GUI boxes properly?

I will try to look around.
  • edited February 2021
    Check out Battle System > Battle End, the loot dialogue handle how your battle gains are displayed.

The Layout Screen loot dialogue type has a lot of customization options and should allow you to set it up like this. It'll display individual loot in their own GUI boxes which are placed on screen by using a GUI layout (e.g. displaying them in a grid) and are styled using Tooltip HUDs as a template.

A GUI box is essentially mainly the position and size used to display UI content, e.g. a dialogue or HUD.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!