I want to show 2 different GUI boxes for 2 different scenarios.

1. When a player wins a battle (defeats a monster).
2. When a player wins a battle (defeats a monster) and gains enough EXP to also level up.

So far it seems I am not able to achieve that, just change tests which seems quite limiting. Any ideas?
  • I solved it by triggering a custom event, displaying a dialogue at the Level Up in the Battle Settings. Still open to hearing suggestions if there are any better ones.
  • Not sure though, how using this approach can I populate some info onto the LevelUp screen. Such as XP Gained etc.
  • edited February 2021
    Check out Battle System > Battle End, the loot dialogues have options for that. When not combining level up information with the combatant gains dialogues you can optionally show a separate level up notification (with own GUI box and styling options) - should be available in both Simple and Layout Screen loot dialogue types.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for saving lots of hours wasted on finding a way around. There is in fact a checkbox Show Level Up notification which does let me set up a different GUIBox for that than the one for the Combatant Gains.