edited November 2013 in Announcements
Beta16 released

Release notes.

Beta16 - currently in development

Beta 15 has just been released, and I'm already on the next update :D
This time we'll get:
  • Camera Event
    A simple scene event (not really part of the event system) that'll block the camera control and use a camera position (or another game object's position) to place the camera. The event starts when the player walks into it's trigger and ends when the player leaves the trigger again.
  • Random Battles
    An ORK 1 feature that's still missing returns - I guess no further explanation needed :D
  • Console System
    One of the last big features before the end of the beta phase.
    Basically lets you add a text to a console for nearly everything that's going on (stats changing, using stuff, etc.) - no text input though, that might come after the beta.
More details on the console system once I'm at it!
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2013
    Aaah, a debug console would be wonderful. Will it also keep track of variable changes? :D The camera event should be a nice and easy way to focus the camera on specific elements as well, will be nice!

Is the Always-Real-Time option to be in Beta16 as well?
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Will real-time battles without the player involved make it in before the end of beta? Eg. Guards of a town react to monsters entering it? Possibly using the faction system?
  • edited November 2013
    Always realtime will be added before the end of the beta, but I don't know if it will make it into beta16 ...

The console is coming along great. Lots and lots of different text settings, and everything can be (optionally) individualized for each ability, item, status value change, etc.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Details on the console system

First of all, there are Console Types to separate the different texts. The console is displayed with a simple HUD (without any HUD elements).

The following things will output text to the console for now:
    • casting and performing actions (abilities, items, defend, escape, death, doing nothing)
    • learning and forgetting ability trees, abilities, crafting recipes and logs
    • changes to status values (increase, decrease, set)
    • changes to status values (apply, remove)
    • base/class level ups
    • ability/equipment level ups
    • inventory changes (items, equipment, money)
    You can use text codes for layout stuff, every console text can be overridden individually (e.g. an ability can override the ability action, learn, forget and level up texts).

You can also add text to the console (and clear the console) using the event system.