edited February 2021 in ORK Support
Hi, i am setting up a battle grid on a hilly terrain with some rocks and trees.
I want the cells under the rocks and boulders to be set to empty or blocked, so i put all the obstacles in a separate "obstacle" layer, and set the battle grid layer mask to "terrain".
Hitting generate puts the cells nicely along the slopes of the terrain, but the cells are all created as the default cell, which can be walked upon. None of the cells get marked as empty. What do i need to setup to make the raycast work properly?

Edit: I think i see the logic of what's happening. The prefabs in the "obstacle" layer are completely ignored by the battlegrid raycasts. So it seems there's no other way than to manually paint the blocked cells.

Don't know if it is too much to ask, but it would be very useful if the battle grid raycast generation could be expanded by taking into account a secondary "obstacle" layer, to automatically mark the cells that pass through this layer's colliders befor hitting the main layer (it would probably need two raycasts for each cell, first to find the cell position and the second to see if there was an obstacle upon it). It would help my workflow tremendously as i have quite large maps with plenty of trees and obstacles that would otherwise needed to be manually painted (and for some reason i get slowdowns in the editor when using the grid paint tool)
Post edited by Vlastan on
  • I'll look into it, sounds like a good idea :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Will be in the next update - separate layers for blocked and empty cells, which will check via a spherecast if something is on that cell.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great news! Thank you so much