Hello!

Regarding the underpants...

The tutorial states to enable Auto Destroy in the ItemPrefab serving as underpants within the Event Interaction inspector settings. Doing so destroys the object while the quest is not in the correct variable state, as I think is intended; however, it never "spawns", even after the variable state conditions are met.

Disabling auto destroy allows it to work sensibly - it's there, and allows you to pick it up and turn in to the quest. Already having the pants was even part of the quest as created in the editor.

Can you describe how this interaction is supposed to take please?

Side note: In the completely tutorial project, the ItemPrefab is immediately infinitely falling, making it inaccessible. I made zero changes to the scene, and only discovered it when trying to compare my project vs the tutorial's.
  • Since it's destroyed automatically on scene load, you'll have to reload the scene (e.g. leaving it and coming back) for it to spawn again. Are you using the same setup as in the tutorials, i.e. the item and the quest giver are in separate scenes?

An alternative, instead of using the auto destroy and variable condition on the object itself, is using a Game Object Manager component on a separate game object to manage the item's state - it can enable/disable game objects based on conditions and doesn't need the scene to be reloaded when e.g. a quest changes something.

I'll check the demo, sounds like the item was somewhat misplaced - which Unity version are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah! Looks like that was the issue. I had the item in the Town scene with the quest giver.

So, if we are to have a quest item/event interaction item in the same scene in this type of scenario, would we use a Game Object Manager to manage quest items and such?

Also, I'm using Unity 2020.10b
  • That's correct - the conditions on the interaction components will disable/destroy the game object (if you want to hide it), i.e. Unity no longer updates them.

If you don't use the Auto Destroy option, i.e. just prevent interaction instead of removing it, you don't need the manager, though :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!