Hello,

first of all, I want to say that I am evaluating the demo. ORK seems quite powerful but the main point of having something like this in a project is that it should make your life easier...and I got stuck pretty much immediately while following the tutorials online.

I am trying a first-person controller. Anyone would be fine but, just for reference, I will say that I am using the FPS Controller from the standard asset.

The controller works fine if I drop it in a scene, but when I spawn it from the main menu the controller camera is locked and doesn't go up and down using the mouse vertical axis.

I have removed the controller settings as Player Controller > None and Camera Controller > None and defined the script in Custom controller to be able to use the FirstPersonController.cs already attached.

I assume that somewhere you have to tell ORK to use the Mouse Vertical Axis to move the camera UP/Down but I haven't been able to do it although I tried several things.

Any idea?

Cheers
Yuri
  • why use the fps controller when Ork has a first person mode that, afaik, works just about the same and doesnt have to be worked around.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • edited March 2021
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

how do you set it?

I have noticed the tickbox first-person on the player controller and First-person settings for camera mode...have tried it in several configurations but doesn't really seem to do anything or worst mess up everything...and still can't use the mouse to direct the camera.

I mean, this is pretty easy stuff to code but the framework seem to be making this impossible to use a custom script and doesn't really setup properly if you use the framework...or I am doing something wrong?
    Post edited by YuriA on
  • Since ORK doesn't have anything to do with the internal controls in your custom controls, I'm not really sure why up/down wouldn't work - probably a setup issue due to ORK spawning the player instead of having it in the scene.

Depending on how the controls are set up, you might need to have the camera as part of your player's prefab for it to work (i.e. also don't have another camera in your scene).

For ORK's own first person controls, use the Button player controls with First Person enabled and the First Person camera controls, where you can use the child object and offset settings for the camera placement on your player. For the vertical/horizontal input keys of the camera control, you need to set up 2 Unity Input Manager input keys in ORK that use Unity inputs that are set up for mouse movement.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey there, thanks for your reply.

everything works fine. But you are right regarding the spawner causing problems with the script. it looked like it was not instantiating I had to create a script in the scene to attach it runtime.

Cheers