edited March 2021 in ORK Support
Any ideas? I'd like to show a window after defeating a monster. In my case 1 monster = 1 battle. Is there any functionality in ORK that could help me with that?

Upgrades should be related to status values but also spells and attacks behavior and such. Similar to Archero.

I can see Status Bonuses and Status Effects settings which should help me achieve exactly what I want.

How can I apply these bonuses from the UI?
Post edited by zatokar on
  • The best way is probably using research trees (Combatants > Research Trees in the editor), which allow you to set up (among other things) status value changes and abilities that can be used, so basically working as an upgrade selection.

The learn costs for each can be freely defined, so you could e.g. use an experience status value that's awarded by each battle (or an item) and call a menu screen using a Research menu part in your battle end event to have the player select the upgrade.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This is awesome. Thank you. I, unfortunately, failed to provide you with all the info. I want these upgrades to be only temporary. Only in the scope of 1 dungeon run (which is equal to a couple of monsters).

• edited March 2021
    E.g. Let's say at the end of every battle, I want to show the player a choice dialogue, where he can select from 3 random Status Effects. E.g. Enchant Fire, which would cause his regular attacks to take on Fire element and therefore deal higher damage to certain monsters. How could I achieve that?

EDIT: Possibly a setup like this could work?

Any idea how could I list random Status Effects for the user to pick from?
    Post edited by zatokar on
  • In that case, status effects might be the best option - using a Show Dialogue node for a choice dialogue and applying them. There's no way to generate this randomly though, so you'd have to just define a lot of different dialogues, using a Random node before that to randomly use one of them.

In case of abilities - you can also add temporary abilities via Add Temporary Ability nodes, and remove them via Remove Temporary Ability, that makes it easier to remove them after the dungeon run.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks a lot!