edited March 2021 in ORK Support
I have built a dialogue with a help of HUD that shows monster attack attributes after the player defeats a monster.
I want to add the monster portrait (prefab) on the same screen. It however results in attack attributes disappearing completely, and the monster portrait (prefab) showing way out of the dialogue with position -1000,-1000,-1000.

Any ideas?

EDIT: The portrait is one of the status elements in the HUD settings.
Post edited by zatokar on
  • Check out the how-to on prefab view portraits.
    The prefab being spawned at that position is what'll be displayed by a render texture used by your prefab view setup (in ORK) to display the rendering of the prefab.

The attack attributes disappearing is probably due to the image (render texture) being displayed at their position, so try repositioning the Portrait HUD element. Or, if you're using the general portrait options of the HUD, the portrait is displayed based on the portrait position (either the general one or the one of the GUI box or HUD if they override it).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2021
    Tried, doesn't work :(

Prefab View Settings:

Camera settings:

It spawns the monster prefab at -1000,-1000,-1000 (which I guess is fine for now), but no camera, no view of that prefab, nothing. This is what it looks like:

What am I missing? Thank you

EDIT:
    Ok I needed to create and add a render texture. Smth new for me, so I tried ignoring it, but it's a crucial part of the setup.
  • Yeah, without a render texture there's nothing that can display the prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2021
    So I ended up with this:

I have 2 questions:
    1. Is there any way for me to tilt the camera? I can see I can set camera offset and I can have it look at the prefab, but it does look at it a bit from above, I want to look at it under a different angle. Am I able to adjust it?

2. More important point, is there a way for me to get rid of the blue background and instead blend it in the GUI Box? So the render texture would take that as a background? Possibly is there a way to add it a circular frame and mask, so that only what's in the frame is displayed?

EDIT: About my first question, I made a hotfix by unchecking look at prefab and defining the rotation to the camera prefab itself. This however may be very unreliable solution and would like to avoid it if possible.
  • 1) There's a Child Object setting in the individual prefab view portraits to define a child object the camera should look at. That's usually the best way to ensure showing what you want.

2) Yes, in your camera prefab, use Solid Color clear flags and a background color with 0 alpha value (i.e. transparent color).
  • 1. Thank you
    2. Yes I followed the tutorial, but it's not working. Please see:
  • Hm, what's the render texture's setup?
  • Looks correct - I'm using the same setup and works fine here.
    I read somewhere that you need to turn HDR off for the camera, generally you should probably check the Unity forums for this, as that's completely relying on Unity functionality :)