edited March 2021 in ORK Support
Hello.

I'm developing a VR sword swinging real time battle.
I am using a damage dealer.

I am following the tutorial of the real-time damage dealer and putting a wait on the battle event.

When the speed and distance of the sword swing exceeds a certain level, the attack ORK button is triggered from the control map via My VR script, the attack ability is activated, and the battle event is executed.

However, since there is a wait, you can't hit the button repeatedly until the wait is over.
However, if you shorten the wait, the damage dealer will be disabled, and the attack will not hit.

When I trigger the ORK button for the second time, how can I cancel the wait step(or the ABILITY itself) of the battleEvent of the first ABILITY to trigger the second attack Ability?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Post edited by joeee19 on
  • Is using damage dealer's Always On setting an option for you?
    That way the sword could always do damage without having to activate an ability for it.

Otherwise, you probably have some custom code to check the sword swing - you can use Check Function node to check if the sword swing is still done and loop in your event (i.e. Wait node with 0 second wait to continue in the next frame looping back to the check) until the swing is done.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • > Is using damage dealer's Always On setting an option for you?
    > That way the sword could always do damage without having to activate an ability for it.
    This is not a good idea because it will hit you even when you are not swinging.

> Otherwise, you probably have some custom code to check the
    > sword swing - you can use Check Function node to check if the sword swing is still done
    > and loop in your event (i.e. Wait node with 0 second wait to continue in the next frame
    > looping back to the check) until the swing is done.
    I can only Check the moment the swing starts.
    It is difficult to detect the end of the swing (because there is a possibility that you want to make a double hit or a continuous swing such as a spinning slash).

It would be easier if the wait step (or the previous Ability itself) could be canceled, but
    Is there such a function?
  • The Stop Battle Actions node can stop the current actions of a combatant (or all actions in the system).

You can use a global event that starts on the attack input, stops the player's action and starts the next action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!