I don't want to use a menu style system for the combat. I'm thinking along the lines of Wizardry 8, Might & Magic, etc style interface.

I'd like to know just how flexible the GUI system is in this respect. OR, should I code my own combat interface and just hook into the ORK system? Has anyone looked into doing this with either ORK1 or ORK2?

Still new to ORK and trying to discover how flexible the system is.
  • I can't really give you a specific answer, since I don't know those interface styles :)

Basically you should be able to do almost anything with the ORK HUD system, since you can place things freely - but it might be a bit confusing for big/complex interfaces without an WYSIWYG editor (which will come at some point after the beta).
    Depending on your coding skills you might be quicker writing your own scripts and plugging in ORK's functions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's kind of what I was wondering. How much of ORK could be used as a "backend". I was wanting to use it for the Dialog system, HUD, and essentially a database.
  • That should be possible, since all of the data is accessible :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!