edited March 2021 in ORK Support
I'd like to store the name of the event trigger combatant in a variable. Here is my setup:

Event nodes:

Event settings:

Select combatant:

Store selected data content:

For the event trigger, it is attached to an ORK-spawned Combatant, with the event component on the same object as the CombatantComponent.

The store selected data content node returns false, and I can't figure out why (or how to debug this). Since I just started learning events, any tips on better way to do this and/or why this is failing is welcomed! :')
Post edited by Flying_Banana on
  • It turned out I was triggering the event from a test object (without combatant attached) in the scene, and the real NPC wasn't triggering the event because I forgot to set the EventInteraction's start type to "Interact" in the script.

Once that's set everything works - but it'd be nice if there's an easier way to get the actor's name!
  • Storing it into a variable via events, no - that's the way to go. Via custom scripting it's just a line of code when you have the combatant :)

Just using the name in dialogues can be done via the actor text codes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!