edited March 2021 in ORK Support
I have 2 status values for 2 characters I want to compare.
If they are equal it's a yes.
So I do Status value to variable for both characters...
I do a check game variables X is = to Y, but it comes out false.

To double check I did a show dialogue showing me the variables.
Sure enough they are both exactly the same so this check should be true.

Then to check for a range I do 2 more checks, I add 15 to 1 and compare to the other if it's less, and subtract 15 (technically 30) and make sure it's greater to ensure the variable fits into that range...
Those are also coming out false despite being true according to the dialogue variable check.

In-editor both characters also show the correct/similar status value.
Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • edited March 2021

No relevant errors or warnings.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • This works when using Check Value and using variables, but not Check Game Variables.
    Miuratale
  • For the Variable Key use the Value value type, as you define the variable key directly instead of using whatever is stored in a string variable as key :)

The Check Value uses Game Variable because you're comparing to what's stored in the defined variable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2021
    Im a bit confused, by setting condition type variable and then the value type to variable it searches a string instead of a value?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • The Variable Key settings define the, well, variable key that will be used, you usually define the key directly here, i.e. Value value type and the name/key.

You defined a Game Variable value type as variable key, i.e. it'll use what's in the string variable of the defined key as the variable key (so, most likely an empty key). Just change the variable key's value type to Value and it should work.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!