edited March 2021 in ORK Support
Hey Gil,

Looking to bring up an Enemy Target HUD without a menu in a Real Time Battle by selecting a target.

I have a target ring about it's feet, but I was hoping to be able to have a Separate Enemy HUD like my player one always up, but hidden without any info to display, then when I select a target to give it info, it shows up.

I think Hide Empty will do that, but I don't know how to get the HUD to show up without first going into a Menu.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,
Mel

Update: Kept playing with it and with a bit of help from Wrofiir I got it working, thanks, nevermind the post. :)
Post edited by Melchiah on
  • In case you're not using this:

The latest updated added the Is Targeted option to the display conditions of Combatant type HUDs - if enabled it'll only show for combatants that are currently targeted by the player (with different options for selected during target selection or being group/individual target).

That's probably the easiest way to get target information via a HUD :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2021
    Thanks, I do believe I have that set.

My issue was rushing, I copied the player HUD to use for the target HUD, then in my haste didn't change it's element bounds, so it likely was showing up, but hidden behind the player HUD making me think it wasn't showing up.

I also believe I was using one or the other for individual and group targets. Using both helped.

After I gave it it's own proper position, it works perfectly, only shows up when I select a target, shows their portrait in the unit frame and works their life properly. Also was able to get the ground ring there for the target too. Very very impressed actually at how painless it was to set up once I realized I was being dumb with my lazyness in the copied bounds.

Thanks again, Gil. :)
    Post edited by Melchiah on