edited April 2021 in ORK Support
Hello, i followed the hunting quest tutorial:
http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/hunting-quest/

However i have noticed that the quest choice dialogue in events doesn't seem to work:
Add > UI > Dialogue > Quest Choice

When its all set up as per the tutorial, and i go talk to Red Pants, he mentions if i could make evil pants go away but then its like the event ends and up pops the interact hud to talk to him again. No quest is added and no popups about the quest.
If i remove that part from the event and go straight to adding the quest, then the event works and i get the popup that a quest was added. So its isolated to the quest choice dialogue.
I'm using Unity 2019.4.22f1 LTS and i tried it in 2020 LTS version as well.

Would you be able to take a look?

Edit: i put a debug in there and it looks like it is choosing the cancel selection automatically...even if i tick 'ignore quest requirements', it still auto cancels. If i take out the option of 'allow cancel', it still doesn't accept the quest and just closes the event.

If i skip it and take the quest and then complete it by killing three evil pants, the next part in the quest is assigned and i can go hand it into red pants for the reward. It will give me the option to 'take reward' at that point and allow me to choose it.
If i copy that event and put it in place of the previous one, it still does the same thing and auto cancels.
Post edited by mersec on
  • Which ORK version are you using? You can see the version in Editor > About in the ORK editor.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello, I am using Ork version 2.31.0, thanks
  • Hm, seems to be working correctly here - the only way this'd automatically cancel the dialogue is if you're using the selected data options (and it doesn't find a quest in the defined key) instead of the set up quest.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Which doesn't make sense as to why it would auto cancel as the quest has no selected data.

I will try a brand new fresh project with just that quest tutorial to see if it works then... if so then there must be something in the project somewhere that has broken it.
  • Ok, so tried a fresh project, grabbed the Ork demo project so i didn't have to run through all the tutorial again to set it all up. Then went through the hunting quest tutorial and made sure i followed it as is. So nothing extra has been added to the project. Same thing, it doesn't accept the quest (or give a choice). if i skip that quest choice and go straight to adding quest, it will add the quest. Used Unity 2019.4.22f1 for the test with Ork 2.31.0.

Decided to try 2018.4.33f1 unity version to see if any difference. New project using Ork demo. ran through hunting quest tutorial, same thing.

So i am not sure what is wrong.
  • edited March 2021
    Not sure what's going on - I did multiple tests and works fine here.
    Can you send me your Unity project where it happens to contact@orkframework.com (e.g. upload it on dropbox and send me the link)?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Just updated to latest Ork version 2.32.1, reloaded the project and now the quest dialogue works fine. I didn't change anything, but it works now, so thanks!