hexhex
edited April 2021 in ORK Support
Is it possible to show Scene Object specific information like Name, Description etc, inside Floating Text Event node?
So when player clicks on the Interaction Scene Object -> Event is executed where Floating text is shown with more information about this Scene object.
Post edited by hex on
  • No, that's not possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Maybe not using floating text, maybe there are some other features that could be used to achieve something similar ?
    Main idea is Scene object description will be shown after player actually perform interaction with a Scene object.
  • I was trying this by using object variables, and managed to do this by using Debug event node that prints object string variable to the Unity Console.
    However I wasn't be able to pass this variable to HUD or any GUI to actually show it in the game.
  • hexhex
    edited April 2021
    Okay, I've managed to do this by writing new custom event node. Basically I took Flying text node and updated few lines from DebugStep node (code that replace text codes with object text). Looks pretty nice so far.
    Post edited by hex on
  • Good job :)
    An alternative would be to show a dialogue (which can use actor text codes) and immediately continuing with the event (i.e. disabling the wait option).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • hexhex
    edited April 2021
    Hm, haven't thought about using dialogue, yeah I think that could work too, thanks :)

Another thing I wanted to ask is about showing which requirement failed in ability tooltip. For example:
    - no mana to cast a spell
    - no certain item in the inventory to use ability
    - required weapon is not equipped
    -> as the result ability can't be used -> is there a way to show message to user about specific requirement that failed in the tooltip?
    Post edited by hex on
  • I don't think there are.