• @Munin
    Ah, yeah ... it's in the project settings, not preferences, thanks for noticing :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Do you know what I might have set up wrong with regards to the Battle Grid Movement?

When I get into combat, I can select the Move menu command. Pressing it brings up the selection with the defined move range without issue. However, when I select a cell, nothing happens and it kicks me back to the Battle Menu but Move is disabled. If I then select anything else, then the move command fires (first node is a console write node). It feels like I've got something maybe hooked up wrong, but I just can't figure it out.

In action:

Move Command setup:
    https://i.postimg.cc/gjqJVkzz/Move-Command-A.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/7Pgf8XgF/Move-Command-B.png

Grid schematic:
    https://i.postimg.cc/d3K3ZTKN/Grid.png
  • @Acissathar
    If you're moving more than one space then you have to loop the grid nodes like pic related.
    Each loop in one cell movement.

@gamingislove
    I have a UI that keeps records of every item, skill, person and event as they show up in game. Sort of like a glossary for the game the player can reference at any time. At the moment I am using logs to manage this information but it is inefficient since I have to manually create logs for every item and I can only add one log at a time.

I think a glossary system would be a great addition to Ork 3.
    ~Dynamic menu list for items/equipment/abilities/combatants/etc.
    ~Shows name/short name/type/description/custom/ etc.
    ~Items can be added to list when: they first show in game/when added to user inventory/first used in script/manually added/first used in battle/first seen/bought in shop
  • edited October 2021
    @Dre788 I have that loop set up in the schematic, but the issue is that the movement schematic isn’t being called in the first place until after I select a space and then select another command entirely.

That write console node is the first node in the movement schematic for debug reference.
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @Acissathar
    Can you post a picture of the entire schematic as you have it set up right now?
  • @Dre788 Hopefully it's not too stretched:
    https://i.postimg.cc/tCnCCcNB/image.png

The Console node is the one in the gif above and it isn't appearing until after a second choice is made.

https://i.postimg.cc/gjqJVkzz/Move-Command-A.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/7Pgf8XgF/Move-Command-B.png

These two show my Move Command, but I'm not seeing any setting that would cause it either?

Going to try nuking the library / beta version and 'reinstalling' when I get home in case it's something weird with my setup like I ran into a while back with a constant need to re-save settings.
  • @Acissathar
    Hum..have you tried it without the battle animation to complete rule out the schematic?
  • edited October 2021
    @Dre788 Basically the same thing happens. I can select the space, but until I select another command it just sits there.

Testing without the animation does at least show me my animation schematic needs work after this gets figured out, because it at least teleports to the right spot this time haha:

Unfortunately reinstalling + rebuilding library didn't make a difference, but that was a shot in the dark anyways.
  • @Acissathar
    What's the battle system setup? E.g. if it's turn based in Classic mode, after you select the move target the next combatant (or same combatant) will select actions before executing everything in order.

As for the movement - does the Change Position node use Wait? And how is the move component stuff set up?

@Dre788
    I'll check it out for future new features - though currently not on schedule :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tested a new Ork for a while and I liked what I saw. The menu on the right is very handy for finding options you need. You can search combatants/abilities etc by searching only by a type (although I would love to be able to assign things to more than one type, sub types don't make it for me).

Great job GL.
  • edited October 2021
    @gamingislove Yes that was it, the battle mode was set to classic. Never would have figured that one out, thank you so much!

I do not have my custom controller setup for the move component stuff, so that's likely responsible for that as well. Looking at it, how would you recommend setting up the BaseMovementComponentSettings, or is that even necessary to inherit from and it really just needs the move/stop/position methods defined in Combatants?

Might just be drawing a blank, but the camera wrapper inherits from MonoBehaivor so that was pretty quick to set up and hook up but the BMCS doesn't appear to?

Edit: Nevermind, I've got it working with NavMesh. My Rigidbody settings were causing the issues with movement. Setting it to Interpolate and removing the angular drag and now it moves and rotates as expected. Thank you both GiL and Dre for your help on this one!

Edit 2: It was actually my character's collider in case someone hits weird stuttering in the future. Disabling that before the Grid Move and just relying on the NavMeshAgent and everything is smooth sailing.
  • @JMR

@Acissathar
    The Change Position node doesn't use the movement component (that's mainly for move AI and also move to interaction stuff) - the node uses the component selected in the node. E.g. if you it's set to auto and you have a rigidbody on the combatant, it might try to move using the rigidbody - so that's something to look out for when using the movement nodes in ORK 3.
  • edited October 2021
    @gamingislove Yeah I think originally it was trying to use the Rigidbody so I changed it to explicitly use the NavMeshAgent. Not sure why the capsule collider was causing stutter, but fortunately Schematic makes that pretty easy to toggle when needed :)

Edit: Jumping over to Status Values and Formulas, what is the correct way to apply a formula as a "bonus" to a status value that will be recalculated with gear changes?

The best real world example I can think of is in WoW, for every point of stamina the player gets +10 max HP. If you get a 60 minute +50 stamina buff, you have +500 max hp for 60 minutes, and if you get a -100 stamina debuff you lose 1000 max hp.

Nevermind it already works like that with combined value. Wasn't sure if adding "current" max HP to the bonus HP as a formula would lead to some sort of stack overflow, but it appears like it uses the pre-combined value. Perfect.
  • Will there be an upgrade option for Ork 2 to Ork 3? just curious! The ability to copy and paste multiple nodes into any event is huge and I'm sold.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Project upgrade - there'll be a tool available later to convert most of your project's data, though you'll have to redo some setup (e.g. UI, due to, well, UI being completely new :D).
    License upgrade - there'll be a grace period for free upgrades (not sure how long yet, but it'll be at least 6 months), otherwise upgrade will probably be $50.