• @gamingislove If I set the Continue Button to Hide Inactive, pressing New Game will no longer load the new game. It'll close out the main menu, but never load the scene. If I go back into Makinom editor, uncheck Hide Inactive, and then replay and click New Game, it loads as expected.
  • @Dre788
    I was mostly out of office last week, so I'm just getting back to actual development stuff. The next update will have a solution for not highlighting buttons on unfocused UI boxes. I'll look into adding a general key to switch focus between UI boxes (not just menu related).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's great news.
    I have a new problem, I can't see Combatant Icons(Sprite) with Combatant Selection. I have also tried this with Group in Menu Screens and I get the same results.
  • @Dre788
    It's the same issue as with the Combatant menu part and will be solved in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK 3 BETA 4 is here!
    Get the details on the ORK 3 BETA page.
    Generally, all the reported issues should be fixed and some new UI/menu stuff :)

I'll start with inventory slot implementation now, so BETA 5 should already have a first version available.
  • This seems to occur for me in Beta 4 as well, interestingly it seem specific to marking the Continue to Hide Inactive. If I do the same to the Load Button, it'll hide it and New Game will load up the next scene as expected.
    @gamingislove If I set the Continue Button to Hide Inactive, pressing New Game will no longer load the new game. It'll close out the main menu, but never load the scene. If I go back into Makinom editor, uncheck Hide Inactive, and then replay and click New Game, it loads as expected.
  • edited July 2021
    @gamingislove
    Beta 4 didn't seem to solve the Combatant Icon problem I mentioned before. I'm still getting an empty sprite for Combatant Selection. Besides that, all the other fixes are working as expected.

Also, I noticed if you press the Cancel Key to go back a selection, eventually the entire menu will close. Is there a way to prevent this?
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited July 2021
    @Acissathar
    Damn ... totally forgot about that one :D
    Will be fixed in the next update.

@Dre788
    Oh, icons - I somehow read it as portraits (being related to the portrait issue, which was also present in combatant selections).

Cancel Key being able to cancel out of a menu was always possible in ORK. The only way to prevent is would be to have the last UI box before closing (i.e. the first box of the menu, e.g. the type menu box) override the default menu controls and not have a cancel key.

Edit: Tested the icon thing - the icon is displayed fine here. Do you have Use Content Icon enabled in the ORK HUD Status Text Content component? I assume the whole content component setup is correct, i.e. the status text content references a UI Content component, which references an Image component for displayint the sprite?
    Or, are you talking about text codes? For icons being displayed via text codes, they have to be set up for TextMesh Pro sprite assets (i.e. TMP's tag). When it's set up for this, the editor can find the tag for a used sprite via the Find TMP Tag button.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • gamingislove said: Tested the icon thing - the icon is displayed fine here. Do you have Use Content Icon enabled in the ORK HUD Status Text Content component? I assume the whole content component setup is correct, i.e. the status text content references a UI Content component, which references an Image component for displayint the sprite?
    Wait, is the only way to display a Combatant Icon is through a HUD? I just set up a UI Box with UI Buttons and UI Content attached. Let me fix this.
    gamingislove said: Cancel Key being able to cancel out of a menu was always possible in ORK. The only way to prevent is would be to have the last UI box before closing (i.e. the first box of the menu, e.g. the type menu box) override the default menu controls and not have a cancel key.
    I understand. I'll just disable the cancel key, the parts change key gives me the results I was looking for so nothing is lost.
  • Oh, wait - no, so just a regular combatant selection without HUD?
    That should work, will check it out.
  • edited July 2021
    @gamingislove
    Oof finally, I managed to get the HUD to show up correctly within a button via HUD Content Provider and Combatant Choice Layout > Own Layout > Add HUD > Set to None.

If Combatant Selection should work without a HUD I guess this could be a bug.

Edit: The option Use Custom Content for Description Box in Shop Layout seems to be missing. Without it one can't use additional content for shop descriptions.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited July 2021
    @Dre788
    That'll be easier in the next update - the current combatant choice layout is somewhat lacking and will go back to the usual content layout. Also, general some UI updates, allowing all content layouts to add HUDs or shortcut UI stuff.

I'll check out the shop layout description box.

Edit: Yeah, the shop layout's description is missing this because ORK 2 never hand more option there :D
    Will change this in the next update to work like the menu screen's description.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited July 2021
    gamingislove said: Yeah, the shop layout's description is missing this because ORK 2 never hand more option there
    Ah, so I had to check to be sure but the battle menu description is missing custom content as well.

Edit: Welp, I tested the shop menu and I can't get the description to show up at all.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • The change game variable / change variables is not working have someone a solution about that Problem?

In ork 2 this method has remembered the trigger but in ork 3 isnt working anymore with the change variables node.
  • @Dre788
    Yeah, that's a bug - will be fixed in the next update :)
    Also, battle menu description will be improved. There'll be general some changes regarding UI, content layouts and descriptions. E.g. currently there's way too many content layouts to set up, e.g. for menus where you already specifically define the button content (e.g. button list part). The next update will remove a lot of this unneeded setup and only have content layout for stuff that's listed, e.g. item types and items in the inventory menu part.

@shay91
    Most likely an issue with your setup, can you post your ORK 3 node setup? You've only sent me an ORK 2 screenshot :)
    I'm 99.9% sure this is working, since this is part of Makinom 2 and none of Makinom's tutorials would work if variables are bugged :D