I have the buttons for target nearest, target left, target right set and these work when pressed. However when I make a schematic with a target nearest node to happen when the tag machine starts it doesn’t work unless the button for target nearest is pressed.
Is the target nearest and cycle targets with buttons defined in the editor the only way or am I missing something?
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • I assume you mean the Select Nearest Object node?

Should work fine, uses the same functionality as when pressing the button - but make sure you use the correct object and range to be able to find something within range. E.g. the button uses the player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I must be entering something wrong in the node because in the editor settings when I select an input for selecting nearest it works. Then when I disable the inputs and try to use a schematic with the Select Nearest Game Object it tells me in the console nothing is selected. Do you have a basic example node set up for this?
    Portfolio - My Website
  • edited July 2021
    Hm, I'll do some tests.

Edit: Working fine here ... though this might be an issue of mixing up 2 features.
    Are you refering to Makinom's selected object feature (i.e. Base/Control > Game Controls > Object Selection), i.e. using Selectable Object components attached to game objects that can be selected?
    In that case, you need to use the Select Nearest Object node to set Makinom's selected object.

Otherwise, the Select Nearest Game Object node will store the game object closest to the used game object into selected data, there's no filtering there, so that could be anything.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just to clarify the Select Nearest Game Object node only stores or changes the nearest selectable object or objects into Selected Data and the Select Nearest Object node does the selecting of the nearest object(s).
    Portfolio - My Website
  • No, Select Nearest Game Object uses any game object, not just those with Selected Object components.
    In short, that node has nothing to do with Makinom's object selection feature :)
  • That explains it! Thanks so much for the quick responses! =]
    Portfolio - My Website