Hello and good morning from Europe ^^ Let me preface that I'm loving the tool so far and that I'm a relative noob to Unity coding, figures trying to integrate one tool with another...!

So, for my game, I'm probably going to need to make a number of custom screens. Not ORK/Makinom created screens which, nonetheless will need me to invoke ORK/Makinom function. Question is, how would I do that? Take for instance, the Main Menu's New Game button.

I guessed that a good way to do it would be to add a Scene Changer component to the Main Menu Canvas and then invoke that component with the NewGameButton on click. Question is, though, which function of the Scene Changer would I invoke? Or is there a step I'm missing?

I figured I'd rather ask here before trying each one by one and potentially make my Desktop grow legs and throw itself out a window. Thanks for your help!

- Meinos Kaen
  • If it involves ORK, you'll have to call ORK's new game function (ORK.Game.NewGame), which can e.g. handle scene changing for you if you defined a new game scene.

Just starting a scene changer would be done via it's StartInteraction function.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2021
    Worked like a charm! Thank you! ^^ Now I just need to make it fade out the screen and music too and we're good. lol

My aim is to make a working vertical slice demo of my game using Makinom/ORK -and some other stuff-. I think I will make some tutorials to share as I go along. ^^
    Post edited by Meinos_Kaen on
  • Well, you could also start a schematic/event instead to do those things :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oooh? Well, I am a noob, so... :P