Add loot from loot table to an event such as opening a chest?

It looks like I can add selected data to the Add To Inventory node. Is it possible to access the items from a loot table for the selected data? Is there an example of how to do this?

Thank you!
  • I don't think that's currently possible.
    I'll look into it.

Meanwhile, you can use loot in item boxes (i.e. Item Collectors in Box mode).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I will check this out. Thank you.
  • I don't think it will work as I need.

Currently, I do a skill check for the lock on the chest versus the characters lock picking status value or strength depending on whether they attempt to the pick the lock or break it open. I use the random node to select a random item from several that I add to the event. I noticed that add loot was an option and tried to use that, but then I realized it was only for battle loot. Ideally, I could just choose add loot and it would add from a loot table.

Is this something that would be possible in the future? Or am I approaching the item box solution incorrectly?

Thank you for your help!
  • edited July 2021
    Next update will add a new node to store loot from either a combatant or a defined Loot table into selected data. That should do the trick :)

Alternatively, currently you can do your checks and add individual items to the player's inventory via Check Status and Add To Inventory nodes. Basically recreating Loot tables with events.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I had been using the add to inventory nodes, but I have a lot of items and it was getting hard to manage. It didn't occur to me to simply move the looting itemization part into separate events instead. This solution works fine.