I'm looking to create several different controllable characters that can be switched between. The idea is that certain behaviors can be automated on the playable characters that aren't currently being controlled (e.g. chop nearest tree, gather, follow leader and fight, etc.) Each with individual inventories and stats and AIs.

Do you think this would be relatively easily achievable with ORK and any tips for swapping between individually controllable characters?
  • Switching the player is no issue at all, you can e.g. use the Group Member Keys (Base/Control > Game Controls) to cycle through combatants in your player group, use a Group menu screen to change the leader (1st member of the battle group) or generally use the event system to change the player.

As for automated tasks, most of that should be doable using the move AI. Following the leader is definitely possible with it (see the Group Settings of the move AI).
    Other things could be done using Points of Interest (Waypoint Settings in the move AI) - you can add a POI via a Point Of Interest component to game objects in your scene, which can use a game event to have the combatant do whatever you want when reaching it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Dude you've given me a massive head start pointing out those things! It would've taken me a while to figure that out as a newbie. Those POIs will help a lot with my own custom behaviors. Thank you SO much!