edited July 2021 in ORK Support
Hi. New here. I have an issue that is keeping me stuck in part 19 of the tutorial. Some stuff is slightly different in the actual version of the engine and I wonder if I messed up with anything that I shouldn't have. My problem is that flying texts are not showing up, Evil Pants dies with just one or two hits and Brown Pants usually ends up with different opacity. The learning curve of this engine is too high for someone who came from RPG Maker.
Post edited by musspell on
  • Are _FlyingText game objects created when the flying texts should show up?
    That'd indicate that the flying texts are displayed, but the text is either fully transparent (e.g. messed up color setup in the Fade Object nodes) or it's a camera issue.

If it's a camera issue, check if you have multiple cameras in your scene - one of them should be tagged as the main camera (which is used for determining the flying text's position on screen).

Evil Pants dying from 1-2 hits sounds about right - 1 hit on critical or 2 regular hits should about do it :)
    Brown Pants opacity probably comes from a damage/regeneration flash (check the flying text settings of the HP status value) or target selection highlighting (check blink object settings in Battle System > Target Settings).

Yeah, ORK's learning curve can be quite steep - with great power and flexibility comes lots of stuff to learn :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your answer. I'll check if I can fix it.
  • edited July 2021
    I only have 1 camera in the scene and it's tagged as "MainCamera". I can't find a solution when double-checking the move event nodes. Yes, 2 _FlyingText game objects are created right after attacking.

Post edited by musspell on
  • Hm, strange - the _FlyingText game objects should be placed at the combatants (i.e. where the flying text would be displayed) and are what's moved by the move event. I assume that's also happening and the camera is looking at them?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The camera retains the last position it had before the battle (right back to the player). The 2 _FlyingText objects appear when I attack and 3 _FlyingText objects appear when I heal the player.
  • Good catch @Malith - that could be the issue. It's sometimes hard to know which color picker is currently used, so don't take the defined color values as absolute and go more on the text (e.g. no alpha > fully transparent, full alpha > fully visible).
  • Ok, that seemed to be the problem with the flying texts. Thank you guys for the help. But I'm still having problems with the targets. When any character stops blinking after selection, they become permanently dark. Another thing is I don't understand why I'm getting two flying texts when attacking and destroying Evil pants.
  • edited July 2021
    Might try "From current" on the blink
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • If you get 2 flying texts from an attack, you probably added the critical attack to the normal attack - check your ability's target changes, it should have only one status change for HP, the other (critical hit) change should be added to the critical target changes.
  • "When any character stops blinking after selection, they become permanently dark" Same thing here. Go through the tutorials again carefully and change all the colors and their alpha values.
  • Sry for disturbing. But where is the node "fade object " in ork 3? And can someone explain me the setup for the flying Texts.
    I cant figure it out where the settings is when i follow the tutorial from ork2
  • Thank you guys. I Managed to solve most of the issues. I'm still working on the dark characters issue though lol
  • edited July 2021
    @shay91
    That's now the Change Color node.

@musspell
    Check the color settings for target selection (and status value changes), probably the same issue as with the flying texts, i.e. wrong color values due to using a different color picker (0-1 vs 0-255 value range).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Ok nice that helped...
    Now im having a other question about the move to target schematic because some nodes are different to ork2 .
    And in the battle Mode when i Press the attack Button, item Button or the abillites Button the battle menu ui Box the buttons disappear only the empty battle menu freeze on the screen for a reason, but when i Press defend, escape, wait the top Info ui Box is working with the Text

And when the enemy attacks me top Info works too only when i Press the attack Button the Box freeze.

Hmm i cant See the issue in my settings