Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me as I'm still really new to using ORK and coding. I'm trying to place a video cut scene (Intro Video) in between my main menu (Main Menu) and the opening playing scene (Player Home). So at the moment I have my Main Menu and in ORK Framework under Main Menu, new game scene is set to Intro Video (which is my cut scene) and start event spawns my player. After the video it then cuts to the game (to do this I'm using a script Loadafter Time) which works fine , besides it not spawning my character. My guess is that its spawning my character into the Video scene, how do I get him to spawn in my Player Home scene? Thankyou in advance
  • edited August 2021
    Is your spawn event set up to spawn your character? Do you have a spawn point in the new scene?

Even if you spawn the character on the cutscene-scene they would still carry over if you use the load scene node. So I'm guessing either they just aren't spawned, or there's no spawn point set.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Thanks for you help Wrofir, so I got it to work. I set up a spawn point in my video scene for my player as well as a scene changer. So when i press start on the main menu it plays the video and spawns my player off screen then after a time limit, the player interacts with the scene changer and it changes the scene over to my player home scene. Is this what you mean by load scene node? If not well some how it works.
  • You don't even need to spawn the player in your video scene, just have it play the video and e.g. use an autostart event with delay or wait time in the event to load the next scene.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for that, still learning all the ropes with the events. So I edited the spawn event with a wait time and a load scene and it worked beautifully.
  • If you want the player to be able to skip the video, you can use a Wait For Input node instead of a Wait node to skip to the scene load on input.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!