Hey Gil,

Is it possible that in the latest version of ORK the move ai is bugged? In previous versions I had it working correctly with PolyNav2D. I have been working on World design and just realized today that companions dont follow my player anymore. Checked the move AI and everything still looks correct.

Any chance u can test if it is something on my end, or an actual ORK bug?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hm, I don't think so - the last move AI related changes where in ORK 2.31.0.
    From which version did you update to the latest (2.33.0)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I updated to each version incrementally, just haven't been focussed on group members for a while.

To verify this behavior i returned to a commit from about 3months ago (on version 2.32.1 ) and it was still working here, checked the settings of the move ai, and they are identical.

I noticed that even though the Add Component setting in the move AI is enabled (In 2.33.0), it does not get added to the combatant. Manually adding the OrkPolyNav2DWrapper does not fix the issue either.

I investigated the combatant and it has the move ai on it, with following data:
    https://imgur.com/a/IdlIt4Y
    The Target Object does not get set in the version using 2.33.0.

For some more general information, the game is 2D topdown, with XY as default plane.

Any other things i should investigate? Or some (probably stupid) things I am forgetting?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hm, tested it with the latest PolyNav version (and ORK 2.33.0) and works fine here.

What are your detection settings like? E.g. when using raycasting (for line of sight), is the layer setup correct to be able to hit the combatants, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm not sure I get what you mean. This is already occuring just with the Follow Leader setting that only uses position as far as I know?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hm, I haven't tested follow leader, but that doesn't use detection. I tested with enemies detecting the player and moving to it and that worked fine, so following the leader should also work fine as long as your range settings for that are set up correctly.

Can you post your follow leader settings?
  • Hi Gil,

I have done some more research, I can now say with certainty it is not something with the Move AI settings!

After visiting some older scenes I made, i also found out battle triggers do not work anymore! Which sounded like a drama at first since it felt like ORK was falling appart.

So with this happening I decided to make a seperate git branch to try some tests. And the results are interesting.

Starting scenario: ORK 2.33.0, Move AI, Battles not working

Test scenario 1: Reset the same project to ORK 2.32.1, Without changing any scenes. This resulted in Move AI and Battles working again.

Test scenario 2: Set the project back to ORK 2.33.0 using the Package Manager. Move AI and Battles are broken again.

I don't know what the cause is, and maybe no one noticed cause few people use ORK in 2D, though it is weird that this behavior occurs without anything being changed aside from the ORK Framework folder in my Assets folder.

In all these tests the same ORKProject was used.

For testing now, ill remain on ORK 2.32.1, however this is obviously not the thing i want in the long run.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
  • edited August 2021
    Hm - can you send me a Unity test project where this happens?
    Definitely working correctly on my end.

You can reduce the size of a project by deleting the Library folder in the Unity project's folder - send a download link (e.g. from dropbox) to contact@orkframework.com.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Hey Gil,

Just sent u a mail!

Thanks a ton for looking into this!
  • Hey Gil,

Wanted to hear if you have an update already?

If not any idea when u can take a look at this?

As always, Thanks a lot in advance!
  • Not yet, but should be able to test it this week.
  • The combatant is dead - dead combatant's don't move :)
    At least in the test project's setup, the combatant's max HP stat is initialized to 0 at the start (via the status development), so it already spawns dead. Changing that and it moves as it should.
  • Exactly!

I knew I was overlooking something stupid!
    Thanks a ton!

Though i don't really understand why it worked in previous ORK versions then.
  • Probably related to fixed bugs - your combatants always where dead, they just didn't know it yet :D