I've reached a point in the development process where I need to start using Asset Bundles, and this is a relatively new concept for me. I've put all my combatant prefabs into an Asset Bundle, and use that built bundle as the option for the combatant prefab setting. When I enter a battle the combatant properly loads, but there is 5-10 seconds where the game freezes while the combatant is being loaded. Do you have any tips for preventing this? I'm not sure if it is related to the default way ORK loads from Asset Bundles, or if it is due to my Asset Bundle construction.
Below is a link to a screenshot of my Game Settings and an example of one of the combatants that gets loaded from an Asset Bundle

• edited August 2021
    Image located here
    https://imgur.com/a/FWlMtDb
    Post edited by dayekaye on
  • Make sure to build an uncompressed asset bundle (e.g. via the package available in this how-to).

If your asset bundle is compressed, Unity first has to uncompress the whole bundle before it can access anything within, which can lead to pretty significant load times.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh wow, thank you that was it.
  • Hi, revisiting this. I was wondering if there is any way to use a compressed bundle, but not have the game blocked while it is being uncompressed?
  • In Game > Game Settings > Asset Settings you can add asset bundles that should be loaded when ORK is initialized, so the decompression happens at that time instead of whenever it's first accessed in the running game.

Alternatively, you can use a custom script to do this as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!