edited August 2021 in ORK Support
I use a super simple event to fade a gameObject with a sprite renderer, on trigger enter using a object as actor and using the fade object node setting its alpha to 0.3 from current color and then another event which is exactly the same except it triggers on exit and sets alpha to 1.
Everything works as expected.
But if I change the actor to a tilemap it doesn't work. In the inspector you can see that the sprite renderer has the color property while on the tilemap the renderer component doesn't have a color property, the color property is on a component called Tilemap.
I'm guessing this is why it doesn't work, but how do I then get my hands on the property on the tilemap component?

Edit: I forgot to ask if I can use the variable to variable node for this purpose, also can I use the variable to variable node to cut back on the trigger enter/trigger exit events? if I use the local variable to get the color property, not sure if it works like that.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited August 2021
    Hm, is the used shader of the renderer/material able to fade alpha values (i.e. opaque)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2021
    Yes if you use the alpha slider on the color it works as expected. https://imgur.com/a/64SExi4
    I'm using URP and the material is the sprite-lit default and I have a 2d global light so everything seems to be working. I just cannot seem to change the alpha via nodes
    Post edited by HAJFAJV on
  • edited August 2021
    I'll do some tests.

Edit: Did a quick test with a newly created standard URP project (Unity 2020.3), didn't include the sprite-lit default material, but worked fine with the Sprites-Default material that was set in the newly created tilemap.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • You're right I just tried it and it works, also it works with sprite-ulit-default, however that doesn't explain that a sprite renderer with the sprite-lit-default material also works when a tile map renderer doesn't. I'm confused.

sprite renderer
    works: sprite-default, sprite-unlit-default, sprite-lit-default

tile map renderer
    works: sprite-default, sprite-unlit-default
    doesn't work: sprite-lit-default
  • edited August 2021
    Hm, where did you get the sprite-lit-default material from?
    At least in 2020.3 it's not part of the standard stuff - is it from some package manager import?

Though, generally, ORK treats them all the same, i.e. changing the material's color, so whatever happens with that information is up to the shader of the material.
  • edited August 2021
    The sprite-lit-default and sprite-unlit-default is from the URP package
    Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Runetime/Materials/Sprite-Lit-Default.mat
    Post edited by HAJFAJV on
  • Hm, I've got URP package 10.3.2 (latest according to the package manager) and don't have those ...
  • Not sure what to make of this, if I make a new 2d project and just import the urp package from the package importer I get both the materials
  • Which Unity version are you using?
    The render pipelines are a bit of a mess, depending on the Unity version they have vastly different stuff and features ...
  • 2021.1.16f1 I check for updates, I guess never rebooting has the problem of not telling me when there is a new version
  • edited September 2021
    I'll do another test with Unity 2021.1.