I just spent a few hours trying to figure out why my Call Function node wasn't working.
The class name matched, no errors being thrown, copied the class name and the parameters right from the script.
It just wasn't working...

Then I realized I had a namespace for my public class.

So for those that don't know if you have a namespace for the class the class name field in any Function Node should be:
namespace.classname

This was a total facepalm on my part but I hope this saves anyone some time if running into this issue.

Cheers! =]
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • edited September 2021
    Hm, I'll test this, not 100% sure if that should be that way - did this work in ORK 2 without defining the namespace?

Edit: Yeah, working with namespace here.
    Can you give me some details on your class/namespace (or send it to me)?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2021
    I don’t recall if I used namespace in ORK2 or Makinom2 for Function Nodes.

The script is coming from the Explosive RPG Character Mecanim Animation Pack the CameraController script. I made a function within that script to control and limit the height and distance so I can use the a game pad right stick to zoom in or out. That’s when I made a Schematic to put in a Tick machine checking if left trigger is being held and right stick is being moved up or down controlling the camera zoom.

The entire class is within a namespace called RPGCahracterAnims. I must have overlooked that so many times while trying to figure things out.
    Post edited by relenting_1 on
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Hm, might be that, due to the pretty generic class name CameraController, it found a class of the same name (in a different namespace) first. Adding the namespace here will solve such an issue :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahh that would make sense now why it wasn’t working originally! It works as intended now. Here’s a link showing camera change with the game pad input.
    Portfolio - My Website