Hi! I have a little problem with ORK Framework.

I want in my game something like in Skyrim or other FPP games - when you look at something, you can use "E" key to interact with it. I did it - it's possible, I was reading posts on this forum and I found what I'v been looking for.

So I have "Interaction Key" in "Game Controls" -> "Interaction Settings" and it's "E" key. Also "Start Click Interaction" is enabled.

But here is the problem - now I Can interact with "E" key but, unfortunately, also "left mouse click".

Is there a way to disable mouse click and leave only E key?

What's funny is that in my other project, I do something and I don't know what, but in that project I Can use "E" key without "left mouse click". It's strange, I thought at first that this is bug or something. When I build the game - you can only interact with "E" key and "left mouse button" is somehow still disabled. As I say - i don't know what I did. I think I was doing something with Interaction HUD - after that it's just started working.

Please for help :)
  • You need to click because your event is started by clicking, go to event component and change the way it's started.
  • An alternative setup is using a very narrow Interaction Controller :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMR said: You need to click because your event is started by clicking, go to event component and change the way it's started.
    I'm talking about something like NPC or Chest - I need to Interact with it using "E" key. Something else is not going to look and work good.
    gamingislove said: An alternative setup is using a very narrow Interaction Controller :)
    Ok, I was trying to do that, but there is no Raycast with Interaction Controller :( You know, when Interact Object is behind, for example, wall, player can interact with it. So that's why I need to use this option with Click. Is there some way to do Interaction Controller NOT going through walls and other collisions?

• Hm, I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Next update will have the new click start type None to not use mouse clicks for starting click interactions, but still allow using the input key for it :)
  • Oh thank you very much, you are a life saver :)