• I'll do some more tests - is this happening when fighting a single enemy or multiple enemies?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2021
    Both.
    I think i found the culprit. When deactivating 'Pause on choosing' the game doesn't stop when an enemy dies from damage on turn start.
    But the said enemy still doesn't play his death animation he stays idle although he's dead (he is marked as 'is dead : true' in the inspector).
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • Hm, still not happening on my end with the same setup.

Can you send me a small Unity test project where this happens to check out?
    Removing the Library folder from the Unity project's folder will significantly reduce the size. E.g. zip it up and upload it to dropbox or something like that.
    Send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's sent.
  • I'll check it out today.
  • Yeah, seems to be a bug that'll be fixed in the next update.
    Strangely not happening in my (similar) setup, so might be bound to some special conditions that are not happening for me.

I've sent you an email :)
  • Awesome, thanks for taking the time to solve it !
    Some more things i'm having troubles doing :

1) Is there a way to double use cost consumption for abilities during a certain time ?
    2) How to set all abilities cast time to 0 during a certain time ?
    3) How to make a shield of mana ? damage received decreases MP instead of HP
    4) How to show a string variable in the console ? #varstringMyVariable# shows nothing.
  • 1) Sure - depends on how that certain time is defined, though.
    Generally, this can be done by using formulas - e.g. pass on the actual use costs as it's initial value and have the formula check whatever conditions you want and manipulate the value accordingly.

2) Same as #1 - use a formula, cast time passed on as the initial value.

3) Hm, that might be a bit tricky - generally, Consumable status values can use others as a barrier, but something like this isn't possible out of the box.
    You'd have to set up the status changes of your abilities twice, using their requirements to target either HP or MP based on that shield (e.g. status effect) being applied.

4) Make sure the variable's key matches MyVariable - and it also depends on where it's used and the setup there. E.g. when used in some console text, it's most likely using global variables, so the MyVariable string variable needs to be stored as a global variable.
  • 1) 2) Yeah i thought of that but i have to do it manually on ALL my abilities...that's why i hoped there was an other way , alas...

3) Same as 1) and 2) but more fastidious XD

4) hmmm, ill check again
  • edited November 2021
    I still don't get how to make my combatants name appear in the console...

Capture-d-cran-2021-11-22-232404
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-22-232614
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • Sorry, must have missed your additional post.

Selected data (where you store the combatant using the Select Combatant node) isn't the same as variables. You can store the name (and other information) of something in selected data into a string variable using a Store Selected Data Content node.

Alternatively, you can also use actors and print their names in consoles. E.g. the ORK Player type actor would use the player group leader, the Player Group actor type can also use other members of the group.
  • edited November 2021
    Np, i edited an ancient post that's probably why.

1) Sry i still don't get how to configure the schematic to show my party members in the console....
    Untitled-2

2) Also, i'm trying to set up a basic UI skilltree. From what i comprehended, Tree boxes and item boxes are used like that :
    Untitled-1
    But i don't get how to make a research item (ability type) be researched multiple time (unlike for an item type). My UI is almost the same as in the picture, i just miss levelable abilities. Currently each level of my ability have their own item box.

3) How can i make the portrait of the menu user always visible ? I only saw the Show Portrait option in Description Menu Part.

4) PS: is it normal that further menu part don't show because of a panel lenght limit ?
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-25-152635
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • 1) You're probably using the wrong object in the Select Combatant node. The Machine Object is most likely not a combatant in this case - e.g. set up an ORK Player actor and uset that.

2) You can't research an ability multiple times - research trees are combatant-bound, i.e. the combatant can only learn the ability at the defined level once. Each additional level is it's own research item.

3) You can also use a Combatant or Menu User part to show the portrait. The description would show the portrait of the content that's displayed, e.g. a selected item in an inventory.

4) There's no such limit - it's probably a bug due to conditional settings. Can you post the menu part that's used before this one?
  • edited November 2021
    1) It still doesn't work. Apparently my string variable doesn't exist ?
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-26-152243

2) So at the moment it's not possible to have smthg like this ? : Capture-d-cran-2021-11-26-152918
    Each level must have their own Research item box on screen right ?

3) I tried but i didn't see how. There is no Show Portrait option or text command like < portrait >. I tried to use a HUD with a Portrait Content but nothing showed.
    ==> Using a correctly set up HUD made the trick but the text command doesn't work on HUD ?
    ==> found it. It was in Ork Framework > HUD > Content > Status Text Content

4) It doesn't matter wich menu part it is. That's why i thought it was due to a lenght limit.
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-26-152058
    Post edited by kiwi on