In a turn-based grid battle... I'm trying to set up weapons to have different ranges - so a basic attack with a sword will have a range of 1 square, a basic sling attack will have 5 squares, bow 20 squares, etc, all using the same ability. I don't see any easy way to do that though... The only thing I can think of is to have a separate basic attack ability for each weapon, setting the range on each ability instead of the weapon, and then add those through Equipment Abilities instead of having it already on the combatant. It's a bit clunky though, having to maintain multiple versions of the same ability with only that small difference - is there any more elegant way to do that?
  • Weapons can override the base/counter attack of the wearer - that'll automatically replace the combatant's base attack and counter attack when it's equipped. Equipment abilities would make them available as a separate ability while the weapon is equipped.
    So, when setting up separate base/counter attacks for weapons, that's where you'd use them - e.g. for using different battle events for animating an attack.

However, there are Conditional Ranges available for use range and affect range, which can define other ranges based on status requirements and variable conditions.

E.g. you can set up conditional use ranges based on equipped weapon or equipped item type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, thanks for the info and the clarifications... Yep, it looks like using Conditional Ranges is going to make much more sense! Many thx, as usual... :)